The human body is an amazing thing, and it can do so many tricks that you probably weren’t even aware of.
Some things that you didn’t know your body could do include:
- Cure heartburn without medication
- Your pupils dilate when you’re in love
The body can heal itself naturally in some cases, and prevent you from feeling harm in some ways.
Check out these 12 things that you didn’t know your body could do.
1. Your eyes can tell you that you are too cold. When your body gets too cold and hypothermia sets in, the blood vessels in your eyes will constrict in an attempt to save energy, and when that happens, you can go blind temporarily.
2. You can have super hearing if you turn your left ear towards the person talking, you can hear better. The right ear is better at tracking active talking, and the ear that you get your super hearing from depends on what you are trying to hear.
3. Cure heartburn without medication if you sleep on your left side. Research shows if you sleep on your left side you are less likely to suffer from an acidic stomach this is because the esophagus and stomach are tied together at an angle. If you lie on your right side your stomach will be at a higher position than your esophagus, which will allow acid from your stomach to get up into your throat. On your left side gravity will take over and your stomach will be lower.
4. You can shed your skin like a snake. Skin can dry out easily overtime, especially on your feet. There are products to safely remove the first layer of skin from your feet so you can have fresh new skin. The lotion repairs damage to the first layer of your skin.
5. Your digestive system can give you super strength. If you are in a dire position and need a dose of strength to save your life or a life of another person, your nervous system kicks in and adrenaline is released which causes your heart rate to speed up, your respiration increases, your pupils dilate and your digestive system shuts down. It does this so that all your muscles can contract with incredible force. It shuts down not for long but to give you super strength.
6. Your body can predict the weather. Many people can feel it will rain by getting pain in their joints. When a storm is approaching the pressure in the atmosphere drops, the fluid is the joint can create pressure. The pain often lasts until the storm has passed and the pressure in the atmosphere has returned to normal. Many migraine sufferers can tell when the temperature is going to change drastically. When the temperature drastically decreases or increases it can cause chemical imbalances in the brain such as the release of serotonin. This is one of the main causes of a migraine.
7. Your pupils can tell your true feelings. Your pupils dilate when you see someone you have loving feelings for. When you see someone you are in love with, it affects your sympathetic nervous system, and when this area is affected your pupils can dilate.
8. If you are going to feel some pain, like getting an injection, just cough a little which will decrease the pain a little bit. The reason why is because coughing decreases pain signals to the brain, which causes you to feel less of it.
9. Many people get a congested nose, and a trick your body can do to clear your nasal passages is to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, and press your finger on the space between your eyebrows. This makes the bone in your nose move back and forth which will loosen the nasal passages and clear your sinuses in about 20 seconds.
10. Using ice for a tooth ache seems like a normal remedy, but if you rub the ice cube on the area between your thumb and index finger it will ease the pain in tooth. The reason why this works is because of the neural pathway that is in the ‘V’ shape between your thumb and index finger that keeps pain from going to your face.
11. When a person gets scared, their hearts start beating very fast. If you blow on your thumb you can calm your rapid heartbeat. The reason why is because there is a nerve that controls your heartbeat and it is controlled by breathing.
12. Your sense of smell acts like a time machine because the the part of the brain that is responsible for smell is located in the same place as the part of the brain that is responsible for memory and emotions. That is why when you smell something from your past, you think of the memory that is associated with it.
What are your thoughts on this post? Let us know in the comments section below and SHARE with your Facebook friends! For more stories like this click on the ‘Next Post’ button below.